.............HESS DESIGN WORKS - the work of Mark Hess
|• Raised in Michigan, became a rodeo bull rider at the age of 10
• 1972 University of Colorado-Fine Arts
• Began a career as a painter in 1975 near NYC
• First Gold medal 1976-New York Art Directors Club
• Hundreds of awards from art journals worldwide as well as organizations such as; The New York One Show, Detroit, Miami, Connecticut, Los Angeles, Chicago and San Francisco Art Directors Clubs, the Boston Creative Show,
AUREOLE LAS VEGAS
C P STEAK LAS VEGAS
CHARLIE PALMER FOODS
SIMON & SCHUSTER
AUREOLE NEW YORK
GRAYSON MT. WATER
NEW YORK TIMES
|Catholic Press Association, etc.
• Exhibited at the Georges Pompidou Museum, Paris; Society of Illustrators, NYC (dozens of times); Norman Rockwell Museum, Stockbridge, MA; School House Museum, Purdy’s, NY, Housatonic Museum of Art, CT, etc.
• First piece obtained by The Smithsonian Museum, Wash. DC-1978 (41 pieces currently in the
• 17 Time Magazine covers to date; weekly “Person of the Week” artist, Time Asia
• 5 Newsweek Magazine covers to date
• Designer for WindStar Cruises, Seabourn Cruise Line and Holland America
• Dozens of Forbes covers to date including the 75th Anniversary cover
• 46 U.S. Postal stamps in circulation including: the series of 4 entitled- “Classic Mail Transportation” stamps voted best of the year in a nationwide poll for 1989; the series of 20 “Legends of the West” also voted best of the year for 1994; and the series of 20 on the “Civil War” also voted best of the year for 1995
• 12 United Nations stamps celebrating the 125th anniversary of the Universal Postal Union
•I nstructor of senior illustration majors at The School of Visual Arts, NYC for 11 years
• Work published frequently in; Communication Arts, Print Magazine, Graphis, AIGA books, Society of Illustrators Annuals, etc. Featured artist in Pro-Illustration Volume Two, Graphis 328, etc.
• Frequent speaker and judge at art director clubs, schools and art organizations
• Children’s books: Disney’s ‘Hercules’; ‘Drummer Boy’ & ‘What Did I Know of Freedom?’, HarperCollins
• Works in the collections of Donald Trump, Fordham University, Time Warner, Malcolm Forbes, Smithsonian Museum, Charlie Palmer, National Portrait Gallery, Oklahoma State House, John Scofield, Bard College, Jeff Draime, etc.
• Listed in Who’s Who in American Art
• Member of the Society of Illustrators, Graphic Artists Guild, Portrait Society of America, American Philatelic Society and Board Menmber of Kent Film Festival
• Lives and works in a rural setting near NYC with his wife and 3 children and his ‘56 Corvette
Give us a call and let's discuss the possibilities.
9 1 4 + 2 3 2 + 5 8 7 0
©2008 Hess Design Works
site design: HessDesignWorks.com